Thursday, March 3, 2016

Looping Bicycle

Back in the early 1900's people were doing stunts in every imaginable way. This is a picture of a Bicycle loop. The performer was Diavolo. I guess if you hit the loop fast enough, the centrifugal force would be greater than the force of gravity, and you could make it around the loop.


  1. Yes indeed, speed does the deed. But that is such a long way to fall if you don't have enough speed.
    So that is the thrill, a chance of falling 25, 30 feet. No thanks, I like a little thrill every now a then, but I get enough of them with out trying.

  2. There was a time when I would have done that!
    Now, however, waking up qualifies as "a little thrill"...

  3. When my dear grandfather was in his 90s, he used to quote a jingle that went something like:
    "When I wake up in the morning
    I read the obits to make sure I'm not dead
    I have some coffee
    And go back to bed."
    I was scandalized, but now I understand his thrill--and the desire to go back to bed.