Sunday, August 9, 2015

Train Depot

Today's picture shows the train depot in Boise, Idaho. The picture was taken in the late 1800's. To me this is one of the real "classic" style locomotives. How wonderful it must have been to travel back in those days.


  1. I love old train photos. My great grandfather was an engineer on the Great Northern, and the photos I have of him in uniform, and with his engine are golden to me. Thanks for posting these.

  2. My first train ride was with my dad, to a footbal game in Iowa City in -- oh, maybe 1956. There was no air conditioning, and cinders came in the window now and then. There were horsehair seats, and the walls of the car were covered with burgundy flocked material that I later came to associate with bordellos.

    It was wonderful, especially since it was a football special, and I was a big enough girl to have daddy tell me -- several times -- on the way home that I shouldn't tell mother about all the men with their silver flasks.