Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Loading Train



Today's picture shows men loading onto a passenger train in San Augustine, Texas. The picture was taken in 1939. The thing I really notice in these old pictures is how trim everyone was back then. I also noticed that in Africa . . . people are very trim. Trim as in fit, not trim as in starving. Upon going to the grocery store after being out of the country for a month, the thing that struck me is how just about all of us are overweight and don't look healthy. The other thing I noticed in Africa is everyone had perfect straight, brilliant white teeth. With little or no dental care, and absolutely no braces, people had perfect teeth. If you are interested in the correlation between indigenous diets, good health and straight teeth, this is an incredibly interesting video detailing the work of the late Dr. Weston Price. There is a lot to learn here.


1 comment:

  1. Before I read your comments PJM, I looked at the photo and thought, "Look how trim all those gentlemen are." I see I echoed your thoughts. Interesting video!
    -Anne K.

    ReplyDelete