Thursday, July 23, 2015

Arriving in Sudan

Ah yes, back in the day when travelling by air was something fine and elegant. The picture above shows the interior of the airplane we pictured yesterday. Look how fine everything looks and what an adventure it must have been back then to travel. I like being somewhere, but the act of travel itself has now become nothing short of a nightmare.


  1. I thought it was an old rail car. At least, rail travel today is still civilized, even if flying is not.

  2. The steward looks like a movie star, and I bet his immaculate white uniform stays white--at least until he gets off the plane and the blowing desert dust changes its color.

    The last time I went somewhere by train, maybe 6-8 years ago, I loved the dining car, with its great food and wonderful view. However, heading the other way from where I live, mudslides often close the tracks for hours, and in either direction, counting on getting to your destination on time isn't any better than with travel by air. Lets turn back the clock, OK?