Sunday, October 5, 2014

Feeding Chickens

Today's picture features a young man in doing his chores. For this guy, chores apparently included feeding the chickens. As chores go, feeding and caring for the chickens is a pretty sweet deal. It is one of the easier jobs on a farm in my mind.


  1. I have a photo of my mother and her sister -- about five and three years old, we figure -- feeding chickens on my great-grandmother's place. They're looking the camera, and the chickens are busying themselves with the feed bucket she's carrying.

  2. I have a black and white movie film from the late 1920's that includes a scene of my dad at age 2 throwing corn to chickens at his grandfather's farm. He was so cute, shooing away his grandmother when she tried to help him. He kept that independent streak throughout his life.