Saturday, August 23, 2014

Back to School



Welcome to Back to School Week here at OPOD. For many places around the country this will be the week school kicks back up. As many of you know, I teach High School, so the students will show back up on Monday ready and eager to learn. I actually have a really good group of students. Last year I went through the entire year without a singe discipline issue. The students come to class attentive, respectful, and ready to learn. So, I am really looking forward to getting things rolling on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great year! I retired in May 2013 after 5 yrs teaching at Mullins HS in SC & 37 yrs at Powell HS in Knox County, TN. I am now in my second year as a regular sub at PHS. As a history major, I really enjoy your pictures. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny photo! And what a wonderful thing it is that you're looking forward to the first day of school, yourself. I loved the beginning of school - always did, still do. This year, at age 68, I've enrolled in the online Khan Academy to do a little remedial work in algebra and geometry. I never "got it" when I was in school, and it's time to put a stop to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must teach at a magnet school or a good school in a good neighborhood. Public schools in cities have huge problems.

    ReplyDelete