Thursday, July 31, 2014

Child's Haircut



Today we feature a picture of a child getting an outdoor haircut. The picture was taken in 1936, so I would imagine that a professional haircut was a luxury most people could not afford.

Interestingly, I have not gotten a professional haircut in over 25 years. Ages ago I got the robocut system, and cut my own hair. It is a nice clipper system hooked to a vacuum. It has a spacer that lets you precisely set the length the cut will be. So you just set the length, run it over the top, then set it a little shorter, and do the sides, and then  my wife cleans up the edges with scissors. The whole thing takes under ten minutes. I went to this not so much to save money, but just the hassle.

1 comment:

  1. When we were kids in elementary school a friend of mine came in with a home made haircut his mom did. Basically she just stuck a bowl on his head and cut around it. He got the nickname "bowl head" which stuck with him all through High School. He is still called bowl head every now and then.

    ReplyDelete