Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Denver Stockyards

Today's picture shows Cattle Buyers at the Denver Stockyards. The picture was taken in 1939. These buyers would be buying for the packing plants.


  1. I just found your site because I searched for 'washing dishes at sink' for a picture and I found your post from July 7, 2010. I just wrote a blogpost about my grandmother and I washing dishes together and how it taught me about work and family. Anyway, I'm writing to ask permission to use the picture on my blog and link it back to your site.

    Look forward to hearing from you!

  2. This is from a series of photos taken by a FSA photographer just before World War Two. I've looked at them intently, as my grandfather was in the business at the time and one of the fellows depicted in the series bears a strong resemblance to him. I can't say for sure it's him, but it looks a lot like him.