Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!



A Happy 2014 to you all! I hope you had a nice New Year's Eve. One can not help but wonder if 2014 will be an uneventful year, where we are able to continue to live our lives and mind our business in peace and quiet, of whether the year will hold unforeseen events to rock our world. I am hoping for a quiet year.

We continue our review of the year 1914. This was the year that Honus Wagner, pictured above, became the first professional baseball player to get 3000 career hits. Wagner was the original "Flying Dutchman".  

5 comments:

  1. Unlike the present day trash we have now there ware no drug induced muscle on these players. I'm sure some of them had problems as we all do but they played for love of the game. I quit watching any kind of pro sports years ago and now it is moved into collage and on down to high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny mitt. Some catches just had to hurt, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tank you for a wonderful year of old pictures. I enjoy the history.

    Grandpa Vern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo. I'm not a baseball fan, particularly, but I do enjoy the history of the game, and seeing what it was like "back then".

    ReplyDelete