Monday, December 9, 2013


Today's picture shows the thaw after a blizzard in New York City. The picture was taken in 1899. Well, we finally got a little thaw yesterday here in West Texas. The temperature got up into the 30's. It is still pretty slick out there, but I will attempt to make it to work. Hope you all are having good weather.


  1. There is a lot going on in this photo: men shoveling, traffic going past, an elevated train, and people walking. I like the lighting, sun with a few snow flakes falling.
    -Anne K.

  2. Glad to hear your starting to thaw. We up here in Delaware got a foot of snow yesterday, unforecast, and the roads were a skating rink.
    Mike Ciosek, Wilmington, DE

  3. Just an inch or so in the Manchester, NH area today but it was a mix of sleet so the roads were icy. Going down 93 from NH in my 97 Tahoe this morning I hit an icy patch and slid about 10 feet before the tires grabbed on to non iced pavement again. I learned to drive before anti lock brakes as most of you all did so I pull the fuse on the anti lock's and stop the ole fashion way... Pump those breaks and keep her straight.