Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ice Storm



OK, I have decided to extend Cold Weather week for another week here at OPOD. The reason is that I am still "iced in" here. Thursday night we had very cold weather and precipitation. It has not gotten above freezing since then, so the roads around my house are still a sheet of ice. This morning it is 19 degrees, which is a hard freeze for around here. As I mentioned earlier, they don't salt or sand the streets so when it gets like this you are pretty much stuck at home.

6 comments:

  1. The same storm system dumped 1 + inches of ice then up to 14 inches of snow on us here in Southern Illinois. We are still digging out. Unfortunately I had no choice about staying in as the TV station I work for doesn't have snow days. (at least for engineers). I used my four wheel drive truck and drove very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 39, and bright and sunny in Baltimore, but we are to get one to two inches of snow tonight or tomorrow. And Monday it will be 45 and sunny again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time last year, we were all wondering when Winter was going to start. Five degrees in Kansas City MO this morning / and somehow we managed to escape the storm that affected FJM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a couple inches here in the Ohio valley overnight. Sunny and beautiful today. I'm waiting for a good 8"-10" so I can break out my snow shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is unusually cold in Portland, Oregon, too. I am thankful we are dry at this elevation, so there is no snow here. Or ice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A number of years ago we were driving to Dallas during an ice/snow storm. The roads were horrid and luckily found a place to stop until morning. Will never forget being told by a Texan 'Mam, in Texas we let the good Lord take of snow and ice removal'. He sure was right.......we didn't see a snow plow anywhere. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete