Friday, December 27, 2013

Clean Up

Hopefully most of you have gotten things cleaned up and put away from the Christmas festivities. I have been enjoying  a little time off between semesters and have been getting caught up on things around the house.


  1. Armour and Swift lard! Maybe the containers are being used to hold something else. Amazing photo.

  2. I noticed the lard containers, too. Maybe she's cleaning up from a big batch of biscuits? I was just told by a friend recently that some folks are going back to eating lard. My mom still uses it for her pie crusts and they are divinely light and flaky.
    -Anne K.

    1. While the USDA claims pork processors are "adequately controlling pathogens" independent tests have shown wide-spread contamination of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in most pork products. Thanks, but I'll stay with butter for my pie crusts.