Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cotton Candy

If you have ever been to a Carnival, you probably remember the food. Here we have a little girl enjoying some cotton candy. This was back when it was made fresh right on the spot. Cotton candy is pretty interesting. It is pretty much fiberglass made out of pure sugar, with a little pink die thrown in. I will have to admit though, my favorite carnival food is the funnel cake.


  1. My wife loves the Ferris wheel, and we always buy a funnel cake on our we out to eat at home. To messy to eat out in the open.
    Thanks for the week of memories.

  2. What a cute photo. Cotton candy is still made fresh at our local 4-H fair. Each summer we usually indulge in a bag to share. We've never tried a funnel cake, only elephant ears which I believe are similar.
    -Anne K.

  3. Back to yesterdays comments, "Merry-go-round" describes the ride pretty well. You go round and your merry, except in the case of PJM thowing up all over! Ha. Thats not a merry scene at all. Todays photo is the best photo this week. I've never seen a kid turn down cotton candy. When I was a kid and even now, watching them make it in front of you is half the fun.

  4. Sticky stuff, but all kids love it.

  5. Cotton candy has to be fresh, though. And I'm sorry - cotton candy ice cream just doesn't make it.

    I don't think there were funnel cakes at our fairs. I didn't run into those until the 1990s. Maybe I just didn't go to the right places. Now? Funnel cake beats cotton candy, sticky hands down.