Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fearless Freddie

Welcome to Stunt Men and Daredevil Week. We will be looking at the early days of men and women taking incredible risks for the hope of fame and fortune. We start the week with Fearless Freddie who did stunts with airplanes and cars. In this stunt, the airplane would fly slowly over the runway, and a car would be driving very quickly down the runway. Freddie would jump from the back of the car to the ladder on the airplane, and then crawl up into the plane. Then he would do the trick in reverse. I was not able to find out how long Freddie lived.


  1. Frederick M. "Fearless Freddie" Lund 1897 - 1931. He died in an air race in Lexington KY on October 3, 1931.

  2. I suspect most of the people we will see this week died young from an accident involving their profession. Retirement was not in their future.

  3. That isn't a job I'd like to do. Dangerous, and the equipment was so primitive at that time as well. I guess that is why we have OHS these days!

    Mr. PJM: Can we have a quick domestic update tomorrow? I am interested in how your daughters missionary work is coming along. I seem to have lost the link to her blog, and it has been quite a while since I've noticed an update. Also, how is the hen house, and the hydroponic garden doing this year? Inquiring minds would like to know!

    Best regards,
    Graham in St. John's

  4. It must have taken a lot of courage to try his stunts. I love how the airplane looks so boxy by today's standards.
    I second the domestic update request! :)
    -Anne K.