Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chocolate Advertisement



Today's picture is from 1886, and it is from an advertisement for Owl Chocolate. The picture shows a woman enjoying one of the candies. Like most people, I really like chocolate, but I do not eat it very much. I do not find it very satisfying . . . if I eat a piece, immediately I want another piece. I could eat a whole box of Hershey bars in one sitting. I did enjoy listening to all favorite candies you all have. It brought back memories of those different candy bars. As I mentioned Big Hunks are one of my favorites, and I am not so big on the 3 muskateer bar, because I don't like the fluffy interior, and would like to have some nuts. I do really like the almond joy, but again, I could eat the whole box in one sitting.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I'm a weird one, I really don't care for chocolate. I like the BIT-O-Honey pieces. I avoid buying themn, because if I open the bag, I just can't eat one. But all in all, I don't eaat candy bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its best, in my opinion, to keep candy as a treat like when I was a kid in the 50's. By that, I mean perhaps only allow yourself to eat your favorite candy once every two weeks or a month and only a limited amount.
    That being said, I don't think I can do that.
    I also like the Bit-o-honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to this party - Eldest Granddaughter got married yesterday - but my two favorites are chocolate covered cherries, and Callard & Bowser's Butterscotch. Oh! And malted milk balls. Oh ,dear. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is a vegetable. :-)

    ReplyDelete