Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cart



Havana Week continues here at OPOD with this picture of a horse drawn cart. The picture was taken on a street in Havana in 1900. 

So we got some interesting comments yesterday related to the political situation between US and Cuba. I am not up on all the details of issues, but I do know that I enjoy a good cigar. I will smoke maybe two or three cigars a year, so I don't smoke that many, but I do know that the Cuban cigars are the best. They have a very distinct flavor different from all others. It is a shame we can not get them here, and my Cuban smoking is limited to the times I am out of the country. Lift the Embargo! Let us have good Cuban Cigars in this country!


2 comments:

  1. One would think that after more than 50 years of policy failure the politicians would try something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad smoked a cigar or a pipe for about 27 years - from the time he joined the Navy until my middle daughter was about two. (I think the reason I never had any desire to smoke was that I cut my teeth on my father's pipes.) We were in a restaurant one evening, and he was enjoying a cigar, when he suddenly took a good look at it, announced "I'm not going to support that man any longer" (meaning Castro), ground it out in the ashtray and never looked back.

    I do agree with Danny - a different approach might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete