Friday, December 28, 2012

Domestic Update



I am sorry I have not found much time to post updates on my activities in East Africa. Wanted to share that when I had said that I would be coming here to help the orphans of Mali Saba one OPOD follower insisted on helping with the project and volunteered to provide funds for the chickens. Well, got the chicken project done today. I was able to provide each child with two chickens each. This should provide about two eggs per day per child . . . one to eat and one to sell. This might sound like a small thing, but understand that one egg would be a pretty big portion of what a child needs to eat a day, so these chickens will make a big difference in keeping these kids fed. So, many thanks to our special OPOD friend.

Went with the older children to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the surrounding villages, and had a wonderful day.













Above are some of the sights of my day. Pleased to see the wonderful chance to minister to the people in the surrounding villages. How do you take a dozen orphans out to minister in the villages you ask . . . you rent three pickies. 




8 comments:

  1. Great photos showing this part of Africa as you feed both body and souls. The picture of the "pickies" reminds me of watching entire families going to town on mopeds ("mobylettes") in Burkina Faso in the late 1970s. Sometimes it looked loke a circus act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I may, just curious, but can people not just help people because they are human beings and without the necessity to bring religion, of any kind, into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question. Simple answer is "No". Christ's last command to his followers is found in Matthew 28:19:

      Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

      As believers, we are not able to walk away and watch as people die in their sin, without hope, and without the saving grace of Christ.

      Delete
  3. So, to be clear, if you are not a Christian
    you can't help people. But I've been doing this all my life, as did my Father.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Jack: You misunderstood PJM. It is good for you to continue to help people in anyway you wish. But not good to question why someone else would want to help people in the way THEY wish.

    PJM: Thank you for this posting, it is appreciated by all. May the Lord multiply your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, Anon's question was "but can people not just help people because they are human beings and without the necessity to bring religion, of any kind, into it." Obviously the answer is yes you can help people without bringing religion into it.
      Jack

      Delete
  5. Jack, a believer is not given that option. A nonbeliever is free to choose how to help, when to help and even if to help. But a believer is commanded to bring the good news of the free gift of eternal life to the world. As a believer, I will not try and tell a nonbeliever how or when to help. At the same time I request the same courtesy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a special place in Heaven reserved for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete