Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cowboys by Windmill



I love this picture of Cowboys by a Windmill. The picture was taken near Sheffield in Pecos County, Texas. This is one of the really Old School wooden windmills that you do not see any more. Sheffield is in far West Texas, and is near Interstate 10. It was the location of one of the big oil fields in West Texas.

DOMESTIC UPDATE:

Wanted to let you all know that I am getting ready to go to Africa. I spent last Christmas there, and fell in love with the place and the people, so am now ready to go back. One of the things I am interested in exploring while I am over there is economic development . . . is there a way to help get more business and entrepreneurial activity going, even if on a very small scale.  I will depart for Africa next Saturday, and not sure on the return date. I plan to provide trip updates on OPOD.

12 comments:

  1. Safe travels, and wishing you a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip EAM. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope that your trip is very productive.
    I think almost anything that help increase the productivity would be a great boon to the area.
    I hope you come up with dozens of thing that will help out.
    Keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why would they need such a nice windmill when they have electricity running to it. I guess for a back up when the power goes down.
    That's one real small cowboy off to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck.
    Mind the water.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very heartening to me that you have "fallen in love with Africa" and are going back. I wish more of us Americans were in love with Africa; too often we see and hear only stereotypes about negative attributes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envey you PJM. If it weren't for health issues, I would be looking into going over there, too. Surely, there are a number of things that could be made for sale there in Kenya, but it would be better if their product could ultimately be exported all over Africa. Your trip can determine what those products might be.

    I am sure all of your followers will be thinking about this and possibly make some suggestions for you to consider. Have a good trip and be carefull of most everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be safe, Godspeed, and keep in touch. lam IL

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite thing in this picture is the little boy on the pony.

    ReplyDelete
  11. which African country wug u b proceeding to. As SME advisor, I have many ideas and we can talk on them on email if u so desire ... good luck..

    ReplyDelete