Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Children with Umbrella



This is a sweet picture from 1902 showing two children with an Umbrella.It looks like a studio portrait but nonetheless, it is a nice photograph.

Many of you have emailed or commented requesting an update on the Lovely Ms. EAM and other domestic activities. The Lovely Ms. EAM's recovery continues to be slow. She has been home from the hospital for a couple of weeks now. She has spent most of that time in bed. She is now able to get out of bed and walk around the house a little. She still is not going out, but hopefully in the next few days will be strong enough to venture out. As she tries to recover from the Malaria, she has been hit with some stomach troubles which has made it hard for her to keep anything down, and she is fighting a throat infection. It appears Malaria takes such a toll on your strength you are susceptible to all types of other things.

I suspended operation in the greenhouse when we went to Africa, because there was no way to keep it running while we were gone. A few weeks ago, I planted lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. All the little plants are coming up, and Mrs. PJM is looking forward to home grown vegetables.

Our peacock flock stands at about 20 right now. Love is in the air, so there is lots of parading around by the males. The flock is becoming much larger than we would like, so I am not sure what happens this year if the 8 hens all have 4 babies.

Anyway, that is what is going on around here, and thank you for asking.

8 comments:

  1. That is a very sweet and lovely picture.

    Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for the lovely Miss EAM to have a full recovery.

    It is about time to start spring planting around here but the ground is way too wet. That is one advantage of a green house.

    We had an inch or so of snow here, in southern Maryland,yesterday, but since the ground is so warm it didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your daughter gets well soon that is a good thing she is doing and her sacrifices will not go unnoticed
    thanks for the update and our prayers will be with her so she can continue her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful site and all the interesting photos that you share. My best wishes to your daughter for a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo is a work of art.

    I too pray for your daughter. Her work there is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update; I will continue to pray for your wonderful daughter.

    I have especially enjoyed your recent photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this picture. It might be a studio shot, but it has a very candid look to it.

    Thanks for the update...I think I should have a greenhouse..my wife thinks I just want the greenhouse to have a greenhouse. She might be right. But that doesn't change the fact that I want a greenhouse.

    Ahhh, the things men do for domestic peace and harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the photo and it reminds me of Morton Salt advertisements. Didn't they always have little girls with umbrellas on the label?

    Prayers and thanksgiving for Miss EAM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always want to complain about the word verification . . . then I get it on the first try.

    ReplyDelete