Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mary Garden


Today we feature a portrait of Mary Garden. Mary was a famous opera performer and silent film star of the early 1900's. Apparently, she was quiet the Diva, and was often very demanding that things be done just her way.

Hey, are you guys up to try another week of photos where YOU submit your favorite old family photos? We have not done that in a while. It seems like we always get some good material when we do that, but for it to work, we need some good participation from you all.

10 comments:

  1. If you GOOGLE Mary Garden, you will find a ton of information on her. She had an excellent career

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty concept was a little bit different...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have family photos week, I have a black & white photo of my dad as a youngun in Shanghai in the WWII navy I'll scan and send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe,
    Please send, I am getting some good pictures in.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a photo of my FIL, 1940s, flight suit, learning to fly a plane. Maybe it can be WWII week. or not . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nance,
    Send it in!
    Thanks,
    PJM

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHERE DO WE E-MAIL THE PHOTOS??
    thanks nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress must have been pretty risque back then, clinging to the bustline and the curves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a picture of my dad from World War II. He was a dental assisstant. I'll send that in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJM, I just realized I don't know how to email you a picture. Or to upload it -- or whatever. I'm an old lady.:) please email me at

    lan.nan1@juno.com

    and tell me how? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete