Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sea of Galilee


OK, I will flat out admit that I forgot the Mystery Person Contest yesterday. I go to a Men's Bible study from 7:30 to 9:00 on Saturdays. I get back to the house at 9:00, and then kick the contest off. When I got back yesterday, my Mom was here for a visit. I saw her car and went out to the greenhouse to greet her. Then once I was out there one thing led to another, and I just forgot about the contest. I try hard to get a picture up every day. I have missed a few days in the past because of internet outages, but I believe this is the first time I just forgot to do it.

Now, about the picture . . . It was taken around 1934, and it shows some fishermen on a boat in the Sea of Galilee. I really like the picture, and I did a little color toning in photoshop to give it a hand tinted look. 

I have had the opportunity to travel all over the world, but the one place that I have always wanted to go, but have never had the chance to go is Israel. When I was young, I had the time, but did not have the money. When I was older, I did not have the time. So, I am still hopeful that one day I will get the chance to take a nice trip to Israel.

I know everyone would like to have a domestic update. The truth is, I am pretty worn down right now, and it has been a long school year. On the weekends, I am just trying to get caught up on all the things that were left undone throughout the week. I will try to do better at getting some Chickie Town material put together soon.

15 comments:

  1. I'm just glad you are OK - sounds like you had a pleasant visit from your mom.

    That picture has a certain peacefulness but tension in it. I'm not sure how to describe it.

    I hope you get there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and I were concerned when you missed the contest yesterday. Glad you had a pleasant excuse.

    Beautiful picture this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous shot to begin Passover and Holy Week.

    Glad you are safe and well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I don't ever remember you missing the entire day and was getting a little worried.
    I was thinking maybe the ENM had over run your compound with his Scout troop and now was in charge.

    Glad to hear it was just you being human and you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RTD, based on his thriftiness, courtesy, and reverence, and the fact that until yesterday, he had done a good turn daily by posting awesome photos, it would not surprise me if PJM is an Eagle Scout already and we don't fight our own.

    All the same, I'm very happy to see that it was just teacher weariness and nothing worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, congratulations on going over 2100 registered followers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm relieved to hear you were not sneaking over to the neighbour's, and stealing bandwidth - I was afraid you had been caught and were being held captive! Glad to hear you had captivating company instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For years I have wanted to visit Jerusalem. Finally I’m going to make a 8-day trip to Israel mid June this year. The Sea of Galilee is amongst the places I’m going to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PJM Glad to hear all is well. I was in Israel in 1977. Spent most of the time in the Old City of Jerusalem. Visited Jericho, Masada, Hebron, and the Nativity Church in Bethlehem. I was not yet a Believer back then but the Nativity Church visit was pivotal in that changing. I'd like to go back and see it again through the eyes of a Believer.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are OK!! Thank you for todays photo. I have always wanted to go to the holy land too.
    Blessings
    lam
    ps I bet it is nice to know that you are important enough in our lives out here that you were missed. Hope your Mother is well.
    Is the riverside still on for Easter morning?

    ReplyDelete
  11. No blog, picture or contest can replace a MOTHER. Memory was not the issue here, priority was.
    Being a loving son takes priority over all else.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  12. PJM,

    Glad to hear you are OK and just got sidetracked.

    I was wondering if Handsome Jack had knocked off
    your Internet access, he is a very talented bird...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your okay and had a nice visit with your mother...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bible study and Mom are much more important than the picture contest - though I enjoy it weekly. May God bless you this week.

    ReplyDelete