Thursday, December 16, 2010

American Farmer


Is this a great picture or what? To me, this is a picture of what made America great. The picture was taken in 1939 near Ralls, Texas. It is hard for me to tell whether this is a young man or a teenager. I love the coveralls, and the hat. A classic American Farmer.

Domestic Update:

There is definitely something going on out behind Chickie Town. That peacock is up to no good, but I have not been able to get to the bottom of it. Handsome Jack for some reason is now going by the name "Tyler Durden". If I ask one of the men on the equipment what they are doing, they say, "Ask Tyler Durden".


I am at work all day, so it is hard for me to keep track of the situation. Maybe this weekend I can figure out what is going on.

11 comments:

  1. I suspect we will soon see a mowing attachment for Big Red Tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say a young man but certainly small of stature, which does leave you to wonder how well he could turn that steering wheel without power steering. Just heard the other day that some tractors now come with a joystick rather than a steering wheel. That's progress, I guess....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed in the background of your picture that you have quite a few wind turbines behind chickie town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there is a wind farm across the highway.
    PJM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Handsome Jack! When will you see fit to inform us of your shenanigans? Is the first rule of chickie town to not talk about chickie town?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally someone understands.
    HJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the best photos you have ever posted.

    I agree - it says everything about what made this country what it WAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being named a blog of note!!! I am going to follower your blog...I love Texas...have travelled all over it as a kid. My people come from Northeast Texas, but my great aunt has loved in El Paso for years...These are great pics...I currently live in Spain and blog about my family's adventures there. My husband is in the military and we were in Texas before getting stationed here...glad I found you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a mother of active boys, I can't help noticing how CLEAN this farmer's clothes are. I'll bet he dressed up specially for the photo. Someone worked hard to keep that shirt white. Not me! I don't let my boys wear white, not with all the red clay around here.
    BangalOregon Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog. I live in Jasper County, IA. It's been nice to see some pics of the area from back then

    ReplyDelete
  11. "es mejor morir de pie q vivir incado" i luv dat quote

    ReplyDelete