Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Central Savings Bank

Today's picture is from about 1905, and it shows Central Savings Bank in Detroit Michigan. I really like these old buildings that had the door at the corner. Modern buildings appear much to sterile to me, compared to the interesting architecture of the early 1900's.


  1. This sort of reminds me of the Flatiron Building in New York.

    We have a lot of buildings like this in Providence, RI, too.

    I agree - I love this type and era of architecture.

  2. I find it kind of interesting that the lots on both side of the bank have badly unkempt lawn.
    Actually the whole area other than the bank look a little seedy, and run down.

  3. I love this kind of building.
    I also think todays buildings and architecture in general is kind of generic. Guess the cost of these are just to high. Love the photos.

  4. That looks like a building from a movie, though I can't put my finger on which one. Pagemaster comes to mind, but I don't think that's it. I can tell you though, there is a building just like that on a corner just like that in some movie or TV show that I've seen in the last 20 plus years! :)

  5. i really like this picture. i wish my bank was more than a strip mall doorway w/a drive through window...*sigh*