Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Stroller


This picture was taken in the early 1900's and shows two girls playing with a doll in a baby stroller.  I love these old pictures showing children doing something other than watching TV,

Domestic Update:

Well, I am trying to get going on getting the greenhouse built. In looking over the material in the garage, I can see that the words "Some Assembly Required" is taking on a whole new level of difficulty. I am going to have to get someone to put this thing together for me. I talked to the builder who built our house, and he said he would do it, but he is tied up until September. The guy who ran the skylift and unloaded the trucks for me says he can get that thing put together, and he could start right now on it. Problem is, if the anchor poles are not laid out exactly right, the plexiglass will not fit properly. So, my dilemma is, do I wait for the builder, or do I go ahead and have the skylift driver take a shot at it.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you can get your contractor to come in and lay out the anchor poles.

    Speaking of playing in, or on barns. One of our (5 boys) favorite games was bring some of the older calves into the barn and then run them out one at a time while my brothers took turns jumping out of the hay loft and try to land onto a running calf. Another great idea that was fun until some one broke their arm (not me).

    Man, you talk about having to trust your see saw partner. On that see saw from yesterday, if the person that was down let go or jumped off, that would be a fair drop to the ground for the up person.

    How big is your greenhouse going to be?
    Are you going to have to add more solar panels to take care of the extra electricity?
    What are your plans for the peacocks if they decide to start roosting on top of your new green house?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe a little more than "SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED"

    I noticed that the wheels on the stroller are metal, no rubber at all. Boy, you talk about a bumpy ride

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger,
    The greenhouse is 20X28. No plans to add more solar panels. The greenhouse is cooled by evaporative cooler, which does not use much electricity. It is heated by natural gas.

    Had not considered the issue of peacocks roosting on greenhouse, but now that you mention it, I am sure that is what they will try and do. I find that if I get them with the water hose 6 or 7 times, then finally figure out where not to roost.

    I know what you mean about the seesaw partners. I hated kids that would jump off when they were down low, and let you come crashing down on your tailbone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 x 28?!!??!!!!

    I am 'green' with jealousy.

    In addition to all the fresh herbs and veggies, you might be able to grow mushrooms under the benches. Mmmmmm! Roast peacock with sauteed mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. PJM, focus!
    You're a smart guy, you have time, just follow the directions and put it together yourself.
    You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe in NC
    You say PJM is a smart guy.
    Well a smart guy knows when something is a little more than they can take on themselves.
    A smart guy knows when to asks for help.
    I too think PJM is a smart guy, and asking for help is the smart thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roger
    Right, pay instead of do. Great way to be self sufficient.
    While I agree that it is smart to pay others to do what one can't do (think self-dentistry) or don't want to take the time to do (think logging the back acres) if one can afford it, this looks like a project Mr. PJM is completely capable of doing.

    ReplyDelete