Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Older Gentleman

This is another fine example of a man in a hat. I like the hat and the tie, and the Jacket appears to be a more casual fit for both comfort and style. I also like the accessories of the cane and cigar in right hand. Overall, I think this guy has pulled together a pretty good look. If it were not for the hat though, he would be just another old coot.

The one thing I don't like about this particular style is that it looks like he is wearing his pants up under his rib cage. Back then, for some reason, some of these guys wore their belt line way up around the ribs. That would drive me crazy.

7 comments:

  1. Love the look but the stogie turns me off. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you pointed that out. I could never understand why those old guys pulled their pants up so high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice getup, I don't mind the cigar, but he's still an old coot to me. However, I'd rather see a person with high waisted trousers than baggy pants cinched around the thighs. I went to the symphony one evening where there is a very long staircase to the top tiers. (I always get the cheaper seats.) A young fellow with jeans around his thighs climbed the stairs with great difficulty. He was actually trying to climb with his knees clamped together. It was very funny to watch and I was sorely tempted to depants him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good thing you resisted. Had you not, the poor fellow would have been embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women used to wear their dress waist at their natural waist, which is about 2-3 inches higher than where we wear our belts now. I guess it's just a fashion trend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJM:

    Great idea with the spam blocker. The old guys wear their pants so high because their waists move.

    ReplyDelete