Friday, July 17, 2009

Suffrage Protest

This picture was taken in 1917, and shows a woman at a suffrage protest. The women were protesting the recent arrest and incarceration of some of their fellow protesters. I find it interesting that just about every person in every picture this week was wearing a hat. I wonder if hats will ever come back in style.

Domestic Update: No progress on the peacock palace. The workers are still waiting on the metal roof. Once that comes in, they should be able to finish up in a day I think. I would say that this is only a minor setback. Mrs. PJM appears to still be very happy, and I am still basking in the glow of this whole peacock project. If asked to rate where I stand these day, I would put it at 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Why just a 9 you ask? Well, last night over dinner Mrs. PJM mentioned that maybe I should call the plumber and have that sink in the utility room fixed. She was nice about it, but I can see that the peacock distraction will only work for so long, and I need to get back on that project. Understand that it is not like I am just sitting around doing nothing. About a month ago my computer got a very ugly virus. There was no way to get rid of it. No matter what I did, it would reinstall itself after a few days. I finally bought two completely new hard drives, and reinstalled everything from scratch. This got rid of the virus, but then my computer was running very, very slow. I tried everything possible. I reinstalled every new driver imaginable, but could not get it working right. Finally, I figured out that the video card was going out, and by replacing the card, the computer started running fast again. So, my computer is back at peak performance. Now, I need to start thinking about getting around to the sink project.

9 comments:

  1. Just step away from your computer until you get your sink fixed. You know we are getting tired of your stalling so you can keep bloging about your stalling!!
    How about a photo of your peacocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your previous disaster has quite justifiably soured your wife on your plumbing expertise. Just call the plumber and get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you call a plumber you will be able to focus all of your attention on the computer. Just looking for the positives. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others; please please don't be foolhardy; call a plumber. Lest you doth lose all the ground you have gained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, I will be in Lampasas next June. I would be happy to stop by your place and fix the sink for you, if you send directions from Lampasas.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I'll switch sides on this. I think your techniques for stalling the "plumbing" issue are quite ingenious. And I applaud Dan's offer of help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you really want a tractor, call the plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PJM;

    I sense you're on a roll.

    It's just a sink. You can do it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, are you getting the IDEA.
    Fix it or get it fixed now, then go look at the tractors.

    ReplyDelete