Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Car Dealer

This picture was taken in Ohio in 1938 and shows a couple of used car salesmen in front of their shop. Really captures the slower pace of a bygone era.

Now, I still do not have an Internet connection. Right now I am hiding under some guy's bushes that does have an Internet connection, and an unsecured WiFi running. Hope he does not catch me, but the cammo face paint should help. No word on when mine will get fixed. When I call, they say "we are working on it, no ETA". Anyway, hopefully it will be working soon.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you. Where there is a will, there is a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, don't get cramp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the sign, the Used Car office is up stairs. I doubt the gentleman on the right could climb the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they have also the cars upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think those gentlemen are just loitering or are associated with the ground floor business. In my town, the old portuguese men used to gather to gossip at a certain corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do Texans do to internet rustlers? (8^>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this photo.

    Whether or not the guys in the photo are actually car salesmen, the picture makes me long for a simpler time.

    If people were to hang out outside a store around here, today, someone would call the police.

    PJM: hope you're online soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how do they get the cars upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging by the signs for gaskets and battery service, plus the cases of oil inside, I'm guessing it's a garage with office for a car salesman upstairs...

    Garages and corner grocery stores were a gathering place in small towns--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meanwhile back at the house, their wives were working their butts off just to keep the household running.

    ReplyDelete