Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mystery Person

Today is Saturday, so it is the day I post a picture and you have to try and figure out who it is. I have not been able to stump you all yet, and each week I have made the contest harder and harder. I am always surprised how quickly the mystery gets solved.
So, for today I post the picture of a child above. The photograph was made in about 1869. The child was a sickly child, and his parents worried whether he would even live to adulthood. He had asthma so bad that he had to sleep in a chair, or propped up in bed. Much of his education was at home as his health prevented him from attending school.

6 comments:

  1. No Fair! How did you figure it out so quickly?

    Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. The picture is of Teddy Roosevelt as a child.

    PJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clues gave it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clues gave it away. Even i knew it was Teddy and I am no good at guessing these mystery people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would anyone have gotten it if I had just posted the picture with no clues?

    PJM

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJM,

    I would have. I've worked at a docent at the house in Buffalo where TR was inaugurated, as well as his home on Long Island, Sagamore Hill.

    ~ JDK

    ReplyDelete