1) I dont have a teacher certificate, so I will have to be working on certification training and testing while teaching what looks like a pretty full load
2) I have never taught before, and it has been 27 years since I was in high school
3) I have good math skills, but it has been a long time since I worked Algebra problems.
4) The computer class is based on Office 2007. When I bought my last laptop, I downgraded to office 2003 because I found 2007 peculiar and hard to use.
Things I am encouraged about:
1) They tell me they will hand pick the students in my classes and give me students who are smart, motivated, and want to learn.
2) This school system still uses the paddle, and the principal assures me that discipline is maintained in the school.