Friday, April 4, 2008

Bonus Picture

This is a bonus picture for today. It is not an old picture, but I wanted to share it anyway. Spring has arrived in the Texas Hill Country. I saw this patch of bluebonnets outside my office today, and thought I would snap a picture and post it. If you have ever visited the Hill Country this time of year, there are rolling hills painted blue with these beautiful flowers. The flowers are native, and grow wild. They grow all winter, and then bloom at the first sign of spring.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Your sudden burst of color came as a surprise to eyes used to your B/W photos. Enjoy your hills and flowers and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina,
    Thank you for your note. When the wild flowers are at their peak this spring, I hope to make a day trip on a big circle through the Texas Hill Country, taking pictures of the beautiful countryside. Maybe the topic of a NEW blog some day. . .

    ReplyDelete