Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bathing Beauty

Today I feature a picture of, Gasp . . . my Mom. The photo was taken in 1949. Personally, I think the photo is a little Risque, particularly for 1949. I mentioned in a post a while back that she once wore a 1910's bathing suit to the beach, and took her pet monkey along. A photographer for a San Antonio newspaper saw her at the beach, took her picture in the old swimsuit with the monkey, and then the picture ran in the newspaper. I guess the picture generated a lot of attention, so they contacted her and asked if she would have a new picture taken, this time with the monkey, and a modern bathing suit. Then they ran the pictures side-by-side, showing her in the new and old bathing suits.

Luckily, after this little lapse of judgement and modesty, my mom got straightened out, and led a productive and decent life.

3 comments:

  1. Paul, By today's standards, that suit is like an overcoat! Great picture from the past.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how about you be a little more condescending to your mother having a nice time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I found your comments to be hysterical.

    And your mom sounds like a riot and an awesome person to know.

    Who has a pet monkey and dresses in 3 decade old clothes, I love her! lol

    But your dry humor is the best. That's how we talk to each other (my parents, and siblings)most ppl. don't really get it. lol

    My husband still doesn't get it and we've been married for yr.s.

    But from the way you joke about her I can tell you have a very close relationship.

    Great pic and blog.

    kudos

    ReplyDelete